As we take time out this weekend to thank our mothers for raising us to adulthood, we at Davis Life & Annuity found some fun facts about moms.
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, there are more than 85 million moms in the United States.
- More than 80% of all women become mothers by the time they reach 44 years of age.
- Did your mother ever claim you gave her brain damage? She might not be entirely wrong. According to a 2011 study published in “Current Directions in Psychological Science,” mothers of newborns typically experience increased grey matter, and the phenomenon can linger for years. Just think, you helped make your mother smarter!
- In the majority of global languages, the word for “mother” typically begins with the “m” sound.
- Unfortunately, single mothers and stay-at-home moms are two demographics that are likely to be underinsured. A 2014 LIMRA study showed that only 37% of single mothers had life insurance coverage. Stay-at-home mothers are also less likely than their spouses to be insured, given that they earn little tangible income. However, their contributions to the household can cause tremendous financial setbacks if such tasks need to be outsourced.
- So what should you get your mother for Mother’s Day? According to a debtroundup.com survey, spa days and gift cards are top pics by moms, followed by a nice dinner out an a day off from the kids!
“The highest and noblest work in this life is that of a mother.” —Russell M. Nelson