| Today, I’m proud to announce a new and exciting initiative to change the narrative on annuities and bring increased awareness, education and information on the important role annuities can play in protecting income for retirement. Lincoln Financial Group is a proud member of a first-of-its-kind industry organization, the Alliance for Lifetime Income, bringing together 24 of the nation’s leading financial services companies to achieve one shared purpose: helping Americans remove the risk of outliving their income so they can enjoy their retirement lives.
The goals of the Alliance are to:
- Increase education on the need for protected lifetime income.
- Simplify the concepts and language of annuities to help more people understand their many benefits.
- Dispel the myths, misinformation and misperceptions about annuities.
- Provide advisors with thought leadership and innovative tools to empower them to engage clients in conversations about protected lifetime income.
- Encourage more consumers to work with financial advisors to use annuities to protect a portion of retirement income.
This multi-year campaign by the Alliance will include print, radio, and broadcast advertising to increase national visibility and awareness for the importance of annuities as part of comprehensive financial plans. It will also include a robust media rollout with a variety of spokespeople to present the facts and rebut common misconceptions about annuities.
With the official launch of the Alliance today, you can also visit a new website – www.retireyourrisk.org – that will have tools and resources for financial advisors to help engage clients in conversations about protected lifetime income. We will be adding these resources to our AdviceNext Gateway platform as well as other collateral to support your business and your clients.
I hope you share my excitement about this significant initiative as it aims to re-shape the narrative around annuities and help you in serving your clients’ best interests and meeting their financial planning needs.
Lincoln Financial Network